Releasing on August 28, 2021(Sat,)
*Pre-sale on Official Web Store of visvim / WMV
「Subsequence」Original Subsequence keyring
All keyrings have been claimed.
Exclusive in-store benefit:
Photo zine "SUB Sub Subsequence"
While supplies last.
Contents of the fourth issue
Kanako Nishi / Monique Kawechi / Shohei Takagi / Katsumi Omori
Cover story “Three Small Talks”
Keiko Mori + Suzuko Yamada / Kathleen Reilly + Minori Shirotori / Pico Iyer + Yoshiko Nagai
Maria, Forty Years in the Making / The Legacy of Svenskt Tenn / The Mysterious Magnetism of Ako Dantsu Rugs / Reviving the Rabbit / Japan’s Disappearing Art of Developing Film / Small Talk with Hiroki Nakamura / etc
This is the Life (visvim WMV Spring and Summer 2021) / Styling by Stephen Mann
Kyohei Sakaguchi / Ao Sakaguchi / Alexander Lotersztain / Jerry Ukai / Tamara Shopin / Gentaro Ishizuka / nakaban / Takashi Tsurumi / Hiroki Nakamura / Kelsi Nakamura / etc
Chief Editor: Kosuke Ide
Art Director: Junpei Niki
Photographer: Keisuke Fukamizu / etc
• Bilingual Japanese and English
• 156 pages, all color (Appendix: 24 pages, all color)
• Large-sized 260mm x 372mm (Appendix: A4 size)
• Sold at visvim stores and multi-brand boutiques in Japan, the United States, Europe and Asia, as well as through our official web store.
• Two issues are scheduled to be published per year
• T-shirts, hoodies and original novelty goods will also be available for sale.
• For more information, please visit the official web site (https://subsequence.tv) and Instagram (@subsequence_magazine).
The tagline of “Subsequence” is “Arts & Crafts for the Age of Eclectic.” This experimental project will cover a wide range of arts, crafts and cultures, inclusive to all ages, genders and nationalities, featuring both Japanese and international contributors.
Based on the guiding principle of unfolding new and untold stories from individual perspectives, we aim to create a magazine in the spirit of passionate craftsmen and artisans who love their craft. We offer these stories to anybody with an interest in living a creative life or immersing themselves in culture. We hope to publish stories that have been forgotten in recent years, and to provide a vehicle for readers to explore and experience new and undiscovered worlds. The exact timing of publication will vary with the travels of our storytellers. Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for more.